2020 Awards Ceremony
Thursday, January 16, 2020, 6 p.m.
Greater Fort Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33316
Purchase Your Tickets Now!
Seats are limited
To purchase tickets and select your seat, visit https://bit.ly/2QNkhLi.
Ticket Cost: $50 per person
Last year’s event sold out!
The user-friendly online purchasing service is provided by the Business Support Center. Registration assistance is available at 754-321-0606.
TEACHER OF THE YEAR
The Teacher of the Year (TOY) program honors outstanding classroom teachers who inspire students of all backgrounds and abilities to excel. Through their contributions, we have made significant progress in student achievement. You are encouraged to join us in honoring these educators by participating in this prestigious recognition program.
Congratulations to our Teacher of the Year Finalists
- Arnita Kethireddy - North Side Elementary School
- Dr. Miranti Murphy - Boulevard Heights Elementary School
- Dr. Iris Payan - Hollywood Hills High School
- Cari Rodriguez - Harbordale Elementary School
- Sarah Zorn-Milmed - West Broward High School
PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR/ ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF THE YEAR
The Principal of the Year (POY) and Assistant Principal of the Year (APOY) Awards recognize outstanding school administrators for their exemplary contributions to students, schools and communities. Through their innovative leadership and dedication to academic excellence, they have increased student and school performance and have established safe learning environments for our children. These individuals have utilized teamwork and leadership skills to increase student performance, and promote safe learning environments, often through establishing partnerships with parents and community members.
Congratulations to our Principal of the Year Finalists
- Melissa Holtz – Wilton Manors Elementary School
- Rhonda Parris – Park Lakes Elementary School
- John Vetter – Floranada Elementary School
Congratulations to our Assistant Principal of the Year Finalists
- Sean Curran – Fort Lauderdale High School
- Cheryl Hodgson-Toeller – Blanche Ely High School
- Vicky LaPorte – Atlantic Technical College and High School
SCHOOL-RELATED EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR
The School-Related Employee of the Year (SREOY) Award recognizes outstanding non-instructional support personnel for the significant contributions to our schools, District and communities. The award honors individuals who have demonstrated exceptional skill and dedication in the performance of their jobs, thereby earning the respect and admiration of students, teachers, administrators, co-workers and parents.
Congratulations to our School-Related Employee of the Year Finalists
- Jane Fleming - Pioneer Middle School
- Hazel Chantel James - Office of Student Support Initiatives and Recovery
- Shenequa Lee - Beachside Montessori Village
- Amanda Muir - Deerfield Beach Elementary School
- Suzanne Specht - Plantation Park Elementary School
Proud Sponsors of the 2020 Caliber Awards