Broward County Public Schools Office of Communications provides leadership in developing, implementing and communicating the District’s mission, vision and priorities to families, employees, community members and stakeholders. The Office of Communications is committed to providing accurate information about our District and schools through a variety of communication channels.
Among the Office of Communications Responsibilities:
- Implementing strategic and crisis communications
- Producing District publications and news releases highlighting accomplishments, initiatives, programs, etc.
- Serving as the District’s liaison for communications with the media
- Creating content for and managing the District’s social media accounts (Twitter and Facebook)
- Coordinating annual District events, including the Caliber Awards, Community Involvement Awards and Ed Talk.
- Overseeing volunteer services and the Superintendent’s Screening Programs
- Operating Broward’s only local public educational TV station, BECON-TV, WBEC-63. BECON-TV also provides a variety of additional services, including but not limited to, the District’s Distance Learning Program, video conferencing services and much more.
- Supporting schools and District departments communication needs with graphic design services for banners, flyers, brochures, flyers and more.
The Broward County Public Schools Office of Communications provides leadership in developing, implementing and communicating the District’s mission, vision and priorities among all education stakeholders. We collaborate with students, teachers, school and District administrators, parents, and the community.