2023/24 Information and Resources
Broward County Public Schools is Ready for You! The Ready for You! web page provides information on enrolling new students as well as resources for current students, including academics, food and nutrition, transportation, and much more.
What's New for 2023/24
Broward County Public Schools
- Provides advanced academic options and unique educational experiences to help students grow, learn and succeed in college and career
- Delivers personalized learning from certified teachers and staff.
- Offers themed Magnet Schools and Innovative Programs, from computer coding, speech and debate and dual-languages to marine science, STEM, medical sciences, music, arts, pre-law as well as Montessori, pre-K through 8th grade schools and college dual-enrollment options.
- Our high schools are ranked among the best in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- If you are sick, stay home.
- Frequent hand washing is reinforced.
Access Virtual Counselor
Have your Student ID number and password handy and follow these steps:
- Go to https://sso.browardschools.com and click on the Active Directory icon.
- Enter the Student ID number and password to go to the Clever Launch Pad which houses student apps.
- For class schedules and assignments click the Virtual Counselor icon.
- Returning students can use their existing log in information.
- New students are provided credentials by their school.
- Students who have forgotten their log in information should contact their school.
Access Student Grades and Report Cards
Step 1: Go to single sign-on (SSO) page at sso.browardschools.com and click "Log in with Active Directory."
Step 2: Enter student ID and password to log in to the Clever Launchpad.
- Enter Student ID number (example: email@example.com).
- Enter password (if forgotten, please contact your school).
- Click Sign In button to access Clever.
Step 3: Select Virtual Counselor for report cards OR Pinnacle for current course grades.
- To view report card and interim reports, click Virtual Counselor.
- To view grades, test results and attendance for current courses, click Pinnacle.
- Launch app and follow on-screen prompts for menu of options.
For more information on how to access student grades, visit https://www.browardschools.com/Page/73889
Transportation Bus Safety Tips and Terminals
School Bus Safety Tips for Students, Parents, and Commuters!
Slow Down/Expect Delays:
- Expect school bus delays the first few weeks of school due to traffic congestion around campuses, schools regulating dismissals, and students becoming familiar with their bus drivers.
- Back to School Means Sharing the Road with additional traffic on roads, in school zones and on school campuses.
- In a school zone when flashers are blinking, stop and yield to pedestrians crossing the crosswalk and pay attention to crossing guards.
Buses on the Road:
- If you're driving behind a bus, allow a greater following distance than if you were driving behind a car. It will give you more time to stop once the yellow lights start flashing.
- It is illegal to pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children.
- Never pass a bus from behind – or from either direction if you're on an undivided road – if it is stopped to load or unload children.
- If the yellow or red lights are flashing and the stop arm is extended, traffic must stop.
- Students should arrive at the bus stop 10 minutes early
Requesting Changes/Adding Bus Stop Locations:
- Major bus stop changes will be considered after September 2nd so routes can be stabilized and leveled.
- Many students are not enrolled until after school starts; therefore Student Transportation & Fleet Services cannot get a true analysis of the need until after that time.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the Transportation Liaison at their child’s school for bus stop/route information.
Parents or students with questions about Transportation can visit browardschools.com/transportation or call the helpline of their assigned terminal:
North – 754-321-4000 (Routes beginning with 1000)
Central Area – 754-321-4480 (Routes beginning with 2000)
South Area Terminal – 754-321-4100 (Routes beginning with 3000)
Central West – 754-321-4150 (Routes beginning with 4000)
South West Terminal – 754-321-8025 (Routes beginning with 5000)
Volunteering at BCPS
Broward County Public Schools welcomes our dedicated volunteers to the 2023/24 school year! Below is important information to facilitate a successful school year.
- All volunteers must complete the online application for Level 1 screening, which is available at browardschools.com/volunteer. Approved volunteers will receive an email informing them to visit the preferred school listed on their applications.
NOTE: A valid social security number is required to screen all individuals who would like to volunteer with our schools. For more information on the District’s screening policy, please contact LaKeshia Smith in the Security Clearance office at 754-321-2374.
- Level 2 screening must be completed for volunteers serving as coaches or overnight chaperones. Your school administrator must send an email to the Security Clearance office.
- BCPS employees are not required to complete the online application. Any employee who would like to volunteer must sign in as a visitor and document their hours using a Volunteer Attendance log, which is also available on the Volunteer Services webpage.
For more information and resources on volunteering during the 2023/24 school year, please visit browardschools.com/volunteer.
Student Health and Immunizations
School and District Calendar
Register 2 Ride
How to Access Student Grades & Report Cards
Student Registration Information for New Students
Back-to-School Online Forms for Returning Students
Parents and guardians can use the District’s back-to-school Wizard to complete annual forms. The forms are easy to complete, and all data is protected and secure. Remember to update your contact information to receive the most up-to-date messages from your child’s school and the District.
The Code Book for Student Conduct
Providing students with safe and secure learning environments is the District’s highest priority. The Code Book for Student Conduct outlines expectations for students regarding, behavior, attendance, appropriate dress and more.
The BCPS Mobile App allows parents and families to stay connected with information on students’ academic performance, account balances, bus pick-up and drop-off times, and much more.