Section 1001.36, Florida Statutes, requires the School Board of Broward County, Florida (SBBC) to make changes "deemed necessary in the boundaries of any district school board member residence area at a meeting of the school board in odd-numbered years" and that no boundary change that "would affect the residence qualifications of any incumbent member shall disqualify such incumbent member during the term for which he or she is elected."
Following its review of 2020 U.S. Census data, SBBC will redraw the seven residence area boundaries to achieve board member residence areas that are reflective of the population changes that have occurred since the 2010 Census and approve the new boundaries at an upcoming Board meeting.
The proposed School Board member district map will not impact school attendance zones. It will not impact where your child attends school. It may, however, impact which School Board member district you may vote in. After a number of public meetings, the School Board will approve a revised school board member district map, but you can view interactive, preliminary maps of each district and obtain additional information below. You can also provide comments throughout the redistricting process by emailing BCPS_2021redistricting@browardschools.com.
The 2021 single-school board member voting redistricting process concluded on November 9, 2021, by the adoption of Resolution #22-102 to change four small areas to balance the total population of the seven single-member voting districts that are now more compact.
- ADOPTED - November 9, 2021 Regular School Board Meeting - Resolution #22-102 Seven Single-Member School Board Voting Districts (Item RR-1)
- Proposed Change Area Detailed Maps
- November 3, 2021 School Board Workshop - School Board Voting District Draft Map
- Invitation to Participate in Community Meetings (Spanish, Portuguese, Haitian Creole)
- October 9, 2021 Virtual Meeting Recording
- 2021 Board Items & Memoranda
- Legal and Guiding Principles
- Instructions for Using DRA 2020 Interactive Map Platform
- DRA 2020 Interactive Map Platform
- Archive – 2011-2013 Redistricting Process
Should you need additional information, contact Jill Young, Director, Demographics & Enrollment Planning, 754-321-2565, or BCPS_2021redistricting@browardschools.com.
Bookmark browardschools.com/redistricting for redistricting news and resources.
Demographics & Enrollment Planning
600 SE Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
Director, Demographics & Enrollment Planning