Greetings to the Bayview Elementary Community! I am honored to serve as the principal of such an amazing school! Children attending Bayview have the distinct privilege of building a strong foundation in literacy, in both English- language arts (ELA) and math. The exceptional skills developed in the lower grades allow our students to seamlessly transition from “learning to read” in primary, to “reading to learn” in intermediate grades, when students develop research skills and learn complex material on multiple worldly topics. Our school is proud to provide academic enrichment through integrated lessons and exploratory projects, teaching students the art and science of inquiry-based learning. We prepare our students for careers that do not exist yet by teaching them to become independently proficient with the 5 C’s: critical thinking, creativity, communication, collaboration and compassion.
A few of the phenomenal accomplishments for our school include:
· Consistent state assessment results indicate that we are a top performing school in Broward County and recognized as an A-rated school annually.
· Our students demonstrated proficiency by performing at or above grade level as follows: 86% in ELA; 80% in Math; and 76% in Science.
· Recognition from the state of Florida as a 5-Star school for exceptional achievements of our students, for parent involvement, and community service.
· Extensive technology availability for all students, with a 1:1 ratio for student-to-laptop availability in grades 3-5, and devices available in K-2 at a ratio of 1:3.
· Various “real-world” experiences through unique projects, guest speakers, special events, and field trips.
· Multiple enrichment experiences that include student council, peer mediation, television production, STEM, Math, and special interest clubs.
· Multiple performance recognitions in SECME (engineering), Math, Japanese, City of Fort Lauderdale programs, and more.
We are a community of learners with a strong relationship between students, parents, and staff. Our menu of programs is enhanced by the amazing support of our PTA, through generous donations of time, talents and funds. There are so many wonderful things happening at our school and I urge you to become an active partner with us in developing life-long learners, who will ultimately become responsible citizens.
Tonya E. Frost, EdS