Palm Cove School Profile
School Improvement Plan (SIP)
A School Improvement Plan (SIP) containing specific objectives and action steps for achieving Florida's educational goals is required for all schools. The SAC has the primary responsibility for monitoring the implementation of the annual SIP. The SIP must be approved by the School Board.
The mission of Palm Cove Elementary is to develop each student's intrinsic ability to learn, think, communicate, and act responsibly in a changing world by providing a comprehensive and balanced instructional program that emphasizes necessary skills and strategies needed for academic success in a safe and secure learning environment.
This goal will be accomplished through the efforts of dedicated staff and the support of our parents and community..
- Learning should be fun and exploratory.
- Collegiality is a key ingredient for a successful school.
- Sharing must be a way of life.
- Risk-taking must be supported.
- Learning is a process.
- Parents, Teachers, and Administration must have open lines of communication.
- The school must be "user-friendly."
- Children must come first.
- The school is a community of learners.
- Students must be responsible for choices.
- Teachers must have high expectations and be committed to excellence.