Private School Services
Students who are parentally placed in not-for-profit private schools and have an existing ESE eligibility are able to receive ESE services. The services provided include:
- Speech and/or Language Services provided at Broward County Public School sites after school hours
- Academic instruction for reading and/or mathematics for up to 2 hours a week in the private school from a certified Broward County Public School teacher
- Consultation services to private school teachers and parents for up to one hour a month
- Reevaluation every 3 years
If a student who is parentally placed in a private school is suspected of having a disability, the following services are available;
- Evaluation provided by Broward County Public Schools at no cost to the parents to determine if the student meets eligibility criteria for special education.